Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr
Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY, with other offices in Detroit, MI and Lexington, KY . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Mentzer is affiliated with Harper University Hospital, Children's Hospital of Michigan and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Myocardial Infarction
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mentzer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harper University Hospital
Children's Hospital of Michigan
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Hutzel Women's Hospital
Univ. Of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
OAKWOOD HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER DEARBORN
HARPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL & HUTZEL WOMEN'S HOSPIT
Detroit Receiving Hospital
42 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert Mentzer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.