Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Minahan
Dr. Robert Minahan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookeville, MD. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Minahan is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Greater Baltimore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Minahan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Minahan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
North Arundel Hospital
Montgomery General Hospital Inc
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
St Joseph Medical Center
Harbor Hospital Center
Howard County General Hospital
Washington Hospital Center
Georgetown University Hospital
Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
, Johns Hopkins Bayview
Holy Cross Hospital
Southern Maryland Hosp
Doctor's Community Hospital
25 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Robert Minahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Emmett Minahan MD, 19100 Old Baltimore Rd, Brookeville, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Minahan in this video.
Dr. Robert Minahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookeville, MD.