Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert V Moriarty has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Robert V Moriarty has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Robert V Moriarty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
After reading some of the reviews for Dr Moriarty I was a little unsure about seeing him. But I always try to give a doctorsl the bebefit of the doubt, as on line reviews can be inaccurate. I have to say that this is definitely the case with my experience with Dr. M. I was having some major issues with my knee and he was not only compassionate but gave me his honest opinion and a treatment plan that made sense. Thankfully today after following his direction I am feeling much better. I really felt the need to write this review as the others seen extremely unfair. Sounds like a completely different doctor. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good orthopedist.
I give Dr. Robert Moriarty a F in grade . He is rude, and has a horrible mannerism. I took my 12 year old for a knee injury. She was nervous and upset. He made matters worse. He asked a few question which I answered, and because she didn't answer and was crying he said I can't see her today and walked out. I asked the nurse if she could please get him back in the room and examine my daughter,and once again he came in with an attitude because my daughter was upset. If you can't handle a child in distress, then make it a point to NOT SEE CHILDREN! leave that job to the Doctors that can be compassionate . You don't know what the child might be going thru. I would NOT recommend this Doctor. Horrible experience to say the least. I could not believe how he treated my daughter with no regards for anyone's feelings. I should of read the reviews before I went to him, it seems to be his thing to be rude and unpleasant.
Callous, dismissive, uncaring, untruthful. Total lack of compassion. If youre looking for a caring doctor, this is not it. He works for Independent Medical Reviews and insurance companies send their Workers Compensation patients to him to determine further treatment. I recently was "examined" by him for a shoulder injury, (refused my request to put on a gown and have my shoulder actually examined.) I am hoping to be able to be re-examined by a doctor who actually cares about the welfare of the patient and not how his report is worded to work against you. Very negative experience. You really MUST have your own witness there for a medical exam, because you are at risk of getting a doctor like this who is untruthful and its your word against his.
34 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Robert V Moriarty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelville Medical, 755 New York Ave Ste 250, Huntington, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert V Moriarty in this video.
Dr. Robert V Moriarty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington, NY.