Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Frank
Dr. Robert Frank, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Frank is affiliated with Hutzel Women's Hospital, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center and DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Frank has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Pelvic Pain
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Frank is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Karmanos Cancer Center
Hutzel Hospital, Detroit, Mi
Detroit Receiving - UHC
51 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Robert Frank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKRESGE EYE INSTITUTE DETROIT, 4717 Saint Antoine St, Detroit, MI
Dr. Robert Frank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.