Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert N Pope MD
Dr. Robert N Pope, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Owensboro, KY. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pope is affiliated with Owensboro Medical Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert N Pope has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert N Pope has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep disorders (Parasomnias)
- Sleep Disorders (Circadian Rhythm)
- Chronobiology Disorders
- Idiopathic Hypersomnia
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Central Sleep Apnea
Dr. Pope is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Robert N Pope Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Robert N Pope
I have lived in Owensboro with my wife and four sons since 1982 and previously served as medical director of the OMHS Sleep Lab (1999-2005) and the St. Mary's Sleep Disorders Center in Evansville, IN (2005-2010) and Memorial Hospital Sleep Center in Jasper, IN (2008-2010). I have been active in the Kentucky Sleep Society since the founding of that organization in 1999 and served as president in 2005 and 2011. I have also been active in the Indiana Society of Sleep Professionals.
Locations & DirectionsOWENSBORO ADVANCED SLEEP CENTER, 1126 Triplett St Ste 102, Owensboro, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert N Pope, MD - Sleep Medicine in Owensboro, KY, in this video.
Dr. Robert N Pope is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Owensboro, KY.