Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert K Nielsen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert K Nielsen has the following 9 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert K Nielsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Nielson has treated my elderly parents and from what I've seen he does not care. At. All. He doesn't return phone calls even after four messages have been left and his patient is suffering. His office's equipment for doing coumadin checks broke months ago and they have not bothered to replace it, requiring patients to have blood drawn for every check. From what I have seen, I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Nielsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1975
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Robert K Nielsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnnville Family Medicine, 475 N Weaber St, Annville, PA
Dr. Robert K Nielsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annville, PA.