Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert E Nixon has the following 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I've had three surgeries now with Dr. Nixon and he is an excellent surgeon. He's very cautious and thorough and does not seek to over treat, as some other doctors do. You know that what is being done really needs to be done and will be done carefully in a way that will cause you the fewest possible side effects. He's honest and ethical. After every surgery I've had with him, I've been impressed that I've had very little pain afterwards and that the scars healed quickly and are soon nearly invisible! He's very good technically and very precise. I do recommend him to friends and family.
I saw Dr. Nixon 3 years ago because I wanted my appendix removal surgery to be done close to home. I had my specialist in Brockton send the records to Dr. Nixon so he can see if he agreed that surgery was needed and when I went in to see him, he said he didn't think I needed surgery. I had been diagnosed with chronic appendicitis and me and my mom wanted the surgery to be close to home. Dr. Nixon said he didn't want to do the surgery because he didn't see why I would need a surgery that I don't need. I left the office upset and I did end up having the surgery in Brockton about 2 months later and the surgeon said my appendix was so big for a kid my age that if I waited to have the surgery, I could've died. I don't like Dr. Nixon because he'll only operate if he thinks you have an issue he wants to treat
29 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Robert E Nixon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHawthorn Medical Associates, 535 Faunce Corner Rd, North Dartmouth, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Nixon in this video.
Dr. Robert E Nixon is similar to the following 0 Doctors near North Dartmouth, MA.