Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Nowlin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
I have known Dr. Robert Nowlin for 27 years. This goes back to the days when he was a young man working in the ER of Mercy (St. Eward) hospital at the time. This man really cares about you and wants to do everything possible to make you better. He works harder than any other doctor I have ever had. If you want the proper care then go to him.
Dr. Nowlin was totally worth the wait! My husband and I both put our health issues in his hands, and he came highly recommended. He was my husband's doctor first, before I could get in for a consult. A very smart physician, who cares a lot about his patients, and helped us both to get a handle on chronic health issues. He helped me find my problem, find a solution, and provide support to get healthy again and back on my feet. His staff is terrific! He does not talk above his patients, but listens and explains treatment and options very well. He is up on current medical trends and therapies, and truly wants to help you feel better. As patients who wanted an internal medicine specialist for our care, we are very happy with him. We recommend him to anyone actively working to find their good health and stay that way!
Dr Nowlin has been my physician for two years and I couldn't be more pleased. He is concerned for my well-being, very courteous, will sit and listen to your every word without rushing you, and continues to research for the latest medical innovations in order to give his patients quality care. One draw back...because he is so well-liked, scheduling appts. have to be done months in advance. . . . . . (but worth the wait)
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Robert L Nowlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert L Nowlin Md, 1015 E Choctaw Ave, Sallisaw, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert L Nowlin in this video.
Dr. Robert L Nowlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sallisaw, OK.