Dr. Robert Oldt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Oldt?

Posted on January 12th, 2015

BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!

Danger

Posted on May 15th, 2013

Used a very dangerous form of physical therapy to treat my low back injury dumb guy

Stay Far Far Away!

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Went in with a 4:30 appointment. Finally got called back at 7:20! Visit was for the usual and routine female stuff and birth control. Requested a bunch of blood tests. Called several time and was transferred to his PA (Physicians Assistant) or rather the voice mail. NEVER got a call back. A month later, I finally called complaining again. Unless you NEED urgent care... I would suggest any one else.

Never again!

Posted on July 6th, 2012

In all honesty, the only reason I'm giving Dr. Oldt a 2 star rating is because he did seem concerned about my husband's condition. But the overall experience deserves 1 star at best.Here's my story: My husband is a healthy, athletic 44 year old. He came home from work last Friday with a 102.4 fever with chills and bodyaches, which is very unusual for him. Granted, our 5 year old daughter had been fighting a fever with cold symptoms for a couple of days prior, but we usually don't "catch" anything serious from her. After a miserable night with him running 103.5 fevers, nausea, chills and bodyaches, I drug him to the Oxnard Airport Urgent Care mid-morning. We expected a typical urgent care lengthy wait, so after waiting for 3 hours before being called we were just grateful to get in. Dr. Oldt was thorough in his examination and in spite of my husband's vague symptoms seemed hesitant to call it "viral". He seemed determined to find some kind of infection. After determining that my husband's urine test didn't show anything abnormal he decided to inject my husband with Rocephin (a very strong antibiotic) and a steroid. He prescribed him a total of 5 medications: 2 antibiotics, prednisone (a steroid), cough medicine and a decongestant. This was quite puzzling as my husband had NO upper respiratory symptoms! When I questioned the receptionist about this she mumbled something about sometimes these medications are used for other purposes...huh? She then called Dr. Oldt up to the front desk who rambled something about inflammation in my husband's body and taking the medications "just in case." My guess is that he was trying to cover all bases. He also gave my husband a lab slip for a blood test and another urine test to be done at CMH STAT. We were told to get the labs done, go home and wait for Dr. Oldt's call. Dr. Oldt had also mentioned to my husband that he would call him Monday morning just to see how he was doing. My husband was well by Sunday morning, but it is now 6 days later and we have NEVER been given my husband's lab results by Dr. Oldt. We'll never know whether it was just viral and he would've gotten better on his own anyway or if that slew of medications actually helped him. The only reason we have peace of mind today is that I work for a Ventura doctor and was able to obtain my husband's lab results by Monday morning which showed nothing significantly abnormal after review by my boss. His recommendation was to stop all the unnecessary medications immediately and just continue on 1 antibiotic which he wasn't even sure my husband really needed, since he felt his condition was just viral. I must add that Dr. Oldt did call my husband Monday morning but only to ask him why he hadn't come in for a follow-up, and to say he still didn't have his lab results (??), so much for STAT! My husband reminded Dr. Oldt that he had said he would just call him Monday, but Dr. Oldt insisted he should come in. When my husband tried to make an appointment the receptionist refused and said he needed to just walk in and that there would be a wait. My husband is a self-employed business man. He does not have time in his work day to sit and wait for 3 hours. He never went back and after paying over $300 in office charges and medications (not including CMH lab's fees), he never will.

If your time has value, do not use this doctor

Posted on May 30th, 2012

I believe Dr. Oldt is a very good doctor, but he runs his practice out of an urgent care office - to the detriment of your care. I made my last appointment for 5 pm, I arrived early, and at 7 pm I was still waiting - and there were 3 people ahead of me to see him - so I finally left as I could not wait any longer. Several times previously I've had to wait 1-2 hours to see him. And once you do get to see him - he often has to leave in the middle of your care for the "urgent care" part of his business. To top it all off, I walking in one day needing immediate attention & after waiting 10 minutes or so - I was told he could not see me & I should go to an emergency room. Needless to say he will no longer be my doctor!

The Doc is the best but the staff needs help

Posted on May 26th, 2012

A welcome releif

Posted on April 2nd, 2011

My overall experience was better than I expected. Even though my wait was longer than advertized, it was a great deal shorter than the two places I check with first. VCMC when called sounded irritated I bothered them when asking about a fast track system. Urgent care on Ralston were very slow and after 2 hours I left.Regardless of the wait , Dr. was very interested and very detailed in his analysis of my problem. He covered every base and my health issue which alarmed me,shortness of breath, also seriously concerned him. I am a nurse with a 40 yr career and beleive me , I can tell good care from just doing the mimimum. His concerned was not related to being in the medical profession. I would definitely recommend him.His staff was cheerful, kind and wanted me to come in when I called. I am happy I found his office.

Experience and Compassion

Posted on January 2nd, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Oldt for 20 years. In this time he has successfully dealt with my medical problems by treatment or referral. He has been thouough and accurate in his diagnoses as well as caring as a person.

Posted on March 31st, 2017