Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Oliva has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert J Oliva has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 27
I have schedule an annual check appointment a month ahead for myself and also for my husband. Each of us still had to wait for over 2 hours (!) to see the doctor. And the office did not even bother to call and warn about the delays. The waiting room was packed and the practice environment itself is quite gloomy. Upon general exam the doctor informed me that it was too late to perform a pep smear (they stop doing the procedure around 5pm, while my appointment was for 3pm). I had some stubborn rash/fungus, but the doctor "prescribed" me a regular over the counter ointment, which was not efficient. The general attitude, environment and doctor's council prevented me from returning to this doctor again. This visit caused me more distress than putting a patient at ease. Do not recommend unless you have tons of time on your hands and enjoy poor professional manner.
It takes way too long to see this physician and he does not have a good bedside manner at all. You wait all that time to see him he could at least spend five minutes with you without telling you to be quiet so he can think. I remember why I stopped going to him now previously.
Dr. Oliva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Robert J Oliva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTampa Bay Diagnostic Clinic, 1439 Oakfield Dr, Brandon, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert J Oliva in this video.
Dr. Robert J Oliva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brandon, FL.