Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert C Orchard
Dr. Robert C Orchard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM, with another office in Rio Rancho, NM. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Orchard is affiliated with Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown. Dr. Orchard has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert C Orchard has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert C Orchard has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Robert C Orchard has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I've been a patient of Dr Orchard for about 15 years. He takes his time with his patients and explains what he finds and recommends in terms that non-medically trained individuals can understand. He really cares about his patients. Once of the best physicians I've seen in my lifetime.
Dr. Orchard is a sophisticated but practical physician that quickly discerns the patient's familiarity with terminology and simplifies explanations accordingly. He is easy to understand. He does not pretend infallibility and speaks honestly about medical uncertainties to the patient. He is very knowledgeable about cardiology and most all associated body system dynamics. He is decisive and responsive to patient needs. Confident but not arrogant at all.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Orchard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Saskatchewan College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Robert C Orchard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert C Orchard in this video.
Dr. Robert C Orchard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.