Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert B Ostroff has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Ostroff saved my life. The care that I received from him and his team at Yale was the most comprehensive, informed, and compassionate that I have ever experienced. He has a wonderful manner: he is astute yet approachable, discerning and professional, but also funny (a bit of levity goes a long way in times of acute personal crisis.) The most memorable part of my treatment was the implied message he consistently communicated to me-that I would prevail. I am grateful to him and YPH.
While difficult to get in to be seen, because everyone wants to see Dr Ostroff, the living legend, it is a life-changing experience! He has tons of knowledge and no ounce of arrogance. He is wise and joyful. He is a pleasure to see and a wonderful model to follow. Most gratefully, one of his very many patients and disciples.
Dr. Ostroff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1976
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Robert B Ostroff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSpectrum Psychiatric Group Pc, 60 Washington Ave Ste 304, Hamden, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert B Ostroff in this video.
Dr. Robert B Ostroff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.