Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert P Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Robert P Harris has the following 14 expertise
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Robert P Harris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert P Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
I love westside Ob gyn,except for Dr. Harris. Worst experience. When I was pregnant I dreaded having to see him. He made me feel uncomfortable with his remarks. I told him that while I was pregnant my job required heavy lifting. As I was leaving the room he handed me papers and said "I hope those aren't to heavy for you". Even down to making smart remarks to me about having my tubes tied as being a great choice. I requested that he would not be the doctor on duty during my delivery. But he was there, with the assistance of Dr. Rosenow who is wonderful. After the surgery once again he makes an sarcastic remark, "If were to get pregnant again that it would be a miracle". I am mother of 3. My husband and I both work hard, if wanted to have more kids that is our choice. I had no complications that any other pregnant woman would have. So his comments could've been kept to himself. I hope he reads this and take it as a lesson. Watch how you treat people especially in your profession. If not than maybe he should try another profession.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Robert P Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWESTSIDE OB/GYN CENTER, 1091 Kirkpatrick Rd, Burlington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert P Harris, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Burlington, NC, in this video.
Dr. Robert P Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, NC.