Dr. Robert P Smith Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert P Smith Jr?

Lyme

Went to see Dr. Smith after being diagnosed with Lyme by my PCP. I guess Dr. Smith is the top Lyme expert for the state of Maine. He seems to listen and has a good bedside manner; however, I left feeling really confused about my diagnosis. He diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia after running just a few labs. It is my understanding that Fibromyalgia is a "rule out" diagnosis, meaning that you need to rule out many other connective tissue diseases that have clear supporting labs and symptoms before you give a patient this diagnosis. His treatment plan consisted of suggesting that I lose weight (my BMI is barely overweight), meditate, and take Ibuprofen. All helpful suggestions, but I was left in more pain than a few Ibuprofen can treat. Since seeing Dr. Smith, a second doctor, in addition to my PCP, has diagnosed me with Chronic Lyme. I get the impression that Dr. Smith is not compliant with The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) standards. Not very thorough in my opinion.

Dr. Smith is the best doctor I have ever known. Smart , caring, professonal,knowledgeable, listens extremely well. He's at the top of all physicians in any field.