Dr. Robert Palmer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Palmer?

Recived Incomplete and Dismssive care

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

I spent years complaining about stomach problems. Dr. Palmer saw me as a patient. I complained about nausea. After an endoscopy didn't reveal much, it seemed like I was completely dismissed. He actually brought uo my anxiety and emetophobia, which were largely CAUSED by my illness, as the reason I was feeling sick. Basically a dismissive "Sorry. It's all in your head." Well, thanks. I went to another doctor in 2016 (three years later), after seeing therapists, because my stomach problems won't let up. She found out I have a severe gluten and soy allergy. My intestines had become so inflamed I could not absorb iron, vitamin D or B12. Now I'm recieving care that actually has alleviated my symptoms. Dr. Palmer, please try and at least make an attempt at being thorough before you bran a patient as a basket case. "I'm sorry to hear the nausea is bothering you again. I was really hopeful the Zofran would give you more relief. Most of the anti-nausea medications are going to make you sleepy and make driving and school a challenge. Zofran is one that does not cause drowsiness. Have you ever tried scopolamine patch? This is a tiny patch (like a small band-aid) you place behind your ear. It can help with nausea; people use it for motion sickness. It will not make you drowsy either. Overall, however, I think the issue resides with your anxiety and emetophobia more than an "organic" cause like inflammation, ulcers, gallstones, etc since we have found nothing abnormal. I certainly advise that you continue to follow up with your therapist. If you would like to try the scopolamine patch, please let me know and I would be happy to send a trial prescription to your pharmacy. Dr. Palmer"

Posted on August 21st, 2015

Dr. Robert Palmer is one of the finest physicians I have had- and I'm 83 and have had a variety...

Posted on April 17th, 2017