Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Phelan III has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 6
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Phelan. I'm jumping on the doctor-reviewing bandwagon here, and no one deserves a rave review more than Dr. Phelan. He has been my doctor since I moved here over 1 years ago, and I couldn't be more pleased with his services. So far, all of my trips have turned out well. Dr. Phelan is very thorough & makes sure to ask questions about habits as well as changes in body. He also performs the exam as efficiently as possible. He helped me find the right medicine for my lifestyle and for my semi-sensitive conditions. Dr. Phelan has a very professional manner, but is still extremely personable. Also, the staff is always friendly & helpful with schedules appointments, follow-ups, and alerting you when your orders are ready. They also conduct the intitial testing and are quick & professional while doing so.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Colorado At Denver
Graduated in 1998
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Robert J Phelan III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmergency Medicine Physicians of Texas, 4000 Washington Ave Ste 100, Houston, TX
Dr. Robert J Phelan III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.