Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert E Piecuch has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Robert E Piecuch has the following 8 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Disorders
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Premature Birth
- Congenital Anomalies
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Premature Infants
44 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Robert E Piecuch Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Robert E Piecuch
Neonatology Dr. Robert Piecuch is a pediatrician and expert in treating infants born extremely prematurely. He is director of the Infant Follow-Up Program, which assesses the growth and development of infants born prematurely, and director of Neonatal Outreach and Community Programs. He has published widely on the medical and neuro-developmental outcomes of infants requiring newborn intensive care. Piecuch serves as chair of the House Staff Curriculum Committee and directs the residents education program for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. He is a clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco. Piecuch earned his medical degree at Georgetown University and completed a residency at Oakland Children's Hospital and a fellowship in neonatal and perinatal medicine at Mount Zion Hospital, which now is part of UCSF Children's Hospital.
Locations & DirectionsDESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, 1150 N Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA
Dr. Robert E Piecuch is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Palm Springs, CA.