Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert D Platzman
Dr. Robert D Platzman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Princeton, NJ, with other offices in Franklin Park, NJ and Princeton, NJ . He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Platzman is affiliated with University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro. Dr. Platzman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert D Platzman has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Failure
- Interstitial Nephritis
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Kidney Disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- EOL Care
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Dementia Testing
Showing 5 of 18
I considered beginning with a new Dr. closer to my home after the retirement of my previous physician but had a very good experience with Dr. P. on a first visit. He's thorough, patient, offers opportunity for questions and listens carefully and takes my input seriously. In 4 yrs I've never waited more than 10 minutes before being called to see the Dr. I recommend him highly.
Our previous family doctor retired. We had no complaints for 25 years, except rather long waits for scheduled appointments. While we may or may not live another 25 years for comparison, the first four or five with Dr. P. as our G.P. have been exactly what we needed and would figure in any potential calculation to move away from Princeton.
Not surprised to find he's only got 7 years of experience. This foolhardy, inexperienced young'un does not know what he's doing. Took months and months and never diagnosed a quite serious disease that I was finally hospitalized for by another doctor. Is this really what we have come to in health care in one of the country's top university towns?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Platzman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Robert D Platzman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert D Platzman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Princeton, NJ.