Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Portney MD
Dr. Robert Portney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with other offices in Concord, NH and Belmont, MA (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Portney is affiliated with McLean Hospital, Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital and Arbour HRI Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Portney has 4 locations
6 Hearthstone Pl
Andover, MA 01810
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert Portney has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Robert Portney has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Robert Portney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert Portney - Posted on June 22nd, 2015
Excellent clinician! Caring! Even gives clients his phone number. Stays up to date. Highly recommend this very. Well educated doctor.
Very caring physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert Portney - Posted on September 14th, 2012
Dr. Portney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital
Arbour HRI Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital
North End Community Health Center
Whittier Rehabilitation Hosp, Haverhill, Ma
McLean Hosp, Belmont, Ma
Mass General Hospital
Human Resource Institute of Boston
32 Years Experience
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Robert Portney Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Robert Portney's office for more information.
332 Hanover St Boston, MA : (617) 643-8000
278 Pleasant St Concord, NH : (603) 228-1600
115 Mill St Belmont, MA : (617) 855-2136
6 Hearthstone Pl Andover, MA 01810
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Portney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.