Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert W Poulin
Dr. Robert W Poulin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Poulin is affiliated with Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. Dr. Poulin has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert W Poulin has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Robert W Poulin has the following 10 expertise
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
Dr. Robert W Poulin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I had this corneal abrasion that was so painful, his office staff got me in quickly and it took a few visits to get the abrasion healed up, but they were all great with the follow up visits and Dr Poulin is very nice. He has a good beside manner, din't speak down to me, he actually listened to what I had to say and I came out of his office feeling like I knew A LOT more about what was happening with my eye and with his care and the information he gave me, we were able to clear up this painful abrasion.
I didn't get a thorough eye exam, instead they read my current glasses prescription and doc just checked my vision from there. I had a year of annoying vision problems I attributed to getting bifocals for the first time, but the following year the doc tells me my eyesight improved! My eyesight hasn't improved since I was six years old. I don't feel listened to or that "just" a vision Rx is important to this doc. I miss my optometrist.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Poulin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Robert W Poulin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsAssociated Eye Specialists Medical Group Inc, 5333 Hollister Ave Ste 123, Santa Barbara, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert W Poulin in this video.
Dr. Robert W Poulin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.