Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert P Prins has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Prins delivered my daughter last Sept via c-section at 39 weeks. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes almost 2 months before I got pregnant so I was considered high risk. Because Dr. Prins specializes in high risk pregnancies I did excellent. Unlike a lot of other doctors he was really really strict with my sugar numbers. He wanted my sugar numbers that of a non-diabetic. It was a hard but I kept them down like I was suppose to.So even though my daughter weighed almost 11 lbs, her sugar checks were perfect(they check them a few times a day for about 2 days)and never once did her blood sugars come close to the danger zone. He said thats almost ubheard of in diabetic mothers, but I credit him with being strict and knowing what he was talking about. I also asked him why she was so big when my sugars were perfect the whole time and he joked that some kids were meant to be born that way. I would highly reccommend him to anyone high risk or not and to anyone who wants a doctor they can trust and rely on to know what their talking about.
Doctor Prins delivered both of our children, in 2002 and 2003. I am 100% convinced that he saved my daughter's life at birth, as the umbilical cord had become wrapped around her neck. He did it with ease and grace, creating no alarm to my wife. His quick and decisive actions can only come from experience.After our son was born, my wife did not stop bleeding, and Dr. Prins once again, gently took decisive actions that corrected the situation. My wife was blissfully unaware at the time just how precarious her situation was.I feel that Dr. Prins not only delivered my daughter and son, but saved the lives of the two most precious women in my life.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
49 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Robert P Prins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFidalgo Medical Associates Pllc, 1213 24th St Ste 100, Anacortes, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert P Prins in this video.
Dr. Robert P Prins is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Anacortes, WA.