Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert D Proffitt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert D Proffitt has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert D Proffitt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I visited Dr. Proffitt for the first time today. At first I was slightly turned off by the outward appearance but Iâm sure we all know to ânever judge a book by its coverâ. His office is like stepping back in timeâ respectably the late 60âs to early 70âs â probably when he first built the building, but it was the least of my concerns. Iâm mean, how many times have we been drawn to fancier practices, only to be deceived by the material illusion and get treated like an ingrate by the practice? It happens ALL the time and people still donât learn! My point is that Dr. Proffitt is a diamond in the rough. Iâve seen many doctors over the past few months that have just thrown pills in my direction and literally told me to âsuck it upâ. Dr. Proffitt took his time and not only LISTENED but he did an in depth exam to eliminate any possible causes. He took his time explaining his diagnosis and we then talked together about what was best for me! Not what he thought or what he wanted â but what I felt comfortable with! After I was done with my visit, I felt confident with my diagnosis and treatment, as well as pleased with my visit.
When i went to him i told him that i would not allow him to do a pap or breast exam he ignored me completely and yanked up up my shirt and bra and started feeling my breact.He did not even do the procedure correctly or by code.He is a horrible dr and a pervert.He also insulted me by telling me i needed to lose some weight after having 3 children(i only weigh 113 lbs) so i do NOT recommend this dr and believe he needs to have his medical license taken away!!!
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Robert D Proffitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert David Proffitt Md, 611 S Washington St, Maryville, TN
Dr. Robert D Proffitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maryville, TN.