Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Pueringer has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Lung Diseases
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
Showing 3 of 3
I have been seeing Spike for 6 years, I am severe asthma and feel very comfortable trusting Spike with my treatment. I know my body and he listens to me and allows me to make choices for my own treatment while keeping me very well informed on medications and all of my test results. From the time I have started seeing him until now my pulmonary lung function has gone from 60% to 98% which is amazing. I for the first time in my life have my asthma under control instead of my asthma controlling me. Spike and the entire staff are amazing and have wonderful bedside manner. They are thorough in their testing and patient care. Another thing I like about this office is when I have an appointment they get me in within 10 minutes of that time and I have never waited in the exam room for Spike for more than 5 minutes. I am very thankful for having found Spike!
i shared that i had moved into an old rundown farmhouse and had devloped breathing problems and in general, felt tired and wasen't able to function normally. i asked him about the possibility of carbon monoxide and he was quick to dismiss and then tested me for all kinds of odd things(one took over a month to get back) which all came back normal. he never offered a carbon monoxide test and i didn't know there was a simple blood test for it. when the blood work he did do came back normal my complaints were thought of as being over 40 yrs old and normal aging. eventually i figured out that our propane range hadn't been vented and i was in the house more than anyone else. i lived in the house almost two years with steadily declining function. I don't understand why a simple CO test wasen't offered. when we corrected the propane range situation my breathing and other things improved. He was way to quick to dismiss me.
Dr. Pueringer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Robert J Pueringer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBillings Clinic, 801 N 29th St, Billings, MT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert J Pueringer in this video.
Dr. Robert J Pueringer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Billings, MT.