Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Quaife
Dr. Robert A Quaife, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Quaife is affiliated with University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Quaife has the following 4 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nuclear Medicine
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Quaife is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Robert A Quaife accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Colorado Hospital, 12401 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO
Dr. Robert A Quaife is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.