The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert R Shreck
Dr. Robert R Shreck, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA, with another office in Des Moines, IA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Shreck is affiliated with Decatur County Hospital and Yonker Memorial Rehabilitation Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert R Shreck has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Shreck shows total devotion to getting the best care for me. He takes all the time we both need to understand my situation and answer questions. He is enthusiastic and light-hearted to keep the mood up as well.He is especially good at cutting through the red-tape often associated with cancer treatment given the number of doctors involved. He personally picks up the phone and coordinates with multiple doctors to make sure my treatment is timely and organized. Thank you Dr. Shreck for caring and taking the time.
I have seen Dr Shreck for 16 years. He treated me for Hodgkins Disease WHILE I was pregnant! It was the worst time of my life and although it was his first experience with a pregnant patient he handled it very well. We all came out of it just fine. My daughter was 6wks early and 4lbs 8oz but it fine health and now she is almost 16 and I am here to enjoy all of it! Thanks Dr Shreck!
Dr. Shreck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Robert R Shreck accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert R Shreck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.