Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert R Tawil has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Robert R Tawil has the following 14 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Robert R Tawil is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
There are few doctors that I have met and medical offices I have visited that compare to Dr. Robert Tawil's (pronounced like towel). When I approached the front door a NO CREDIT CARD OF ANY KIND sign greeted me. I thought to myself, great check or cash only. Who carries a check books around anymore? And cash, forget about it. After meeting the very friendly staff and filling out the least amount of paperwork I have ever been required to complete in a doctors office; I noticed some advertisements on the wall. Upon closer inspection I noticed they were clips from magazines and newspaper articles. The display that garnered most of my attention (I was in the waiting room for less than 5 minutes so I had to take a picture of the following article because my eyes were on it for 10 seconds before my name was called ) was titled "Top Doctors." How they comprised the list of top doctors in the US was by asking 260,000 physicians a simple question. Who would you trust with your loved one's care? Dr. Tawil received seven mentions! I have not yet completed a minor procedure that is scheduled for tomorrow. But I have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE in his ability to do the best work possible. If you need a dermatologist run, do not walk and visit with Dr. Tawil. Just be sure to bring cash or your checkbook. Lol.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tawil is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Robert R Tawil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Tampa Dermatology, 3741 W Neptune St, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert R Tawil in this video.
Dr. Robert R Tawil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.