Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Ranney
Dr. Robert E Ranney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brea, CA, with another office in Fullerton, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, General Practice and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ranney is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Ranney has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert E Ranney has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Robert E Ranney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert E Ranney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. RANNEY FOR ABOUT 15YRS AND I CAN'T IMAGINE EVER HAVING TO CHANGE DOCTORS. HE SPENDS TIME WITH US AND MAKES INSTRUCTIONS VERY CLEAR, EVEN MY DAUGHTER UNDERSTAND WHEN HE EXP;AINS THINGS TO HER. WE WILL HAVE A HARD TIME IF EVER HE CAN'T CARE FOR US. I WOULD RECOMEND HIM HIGHLY.
I was only there for a certain test but even that he had a hard time deciding if he should run those test or not. He kept asking me for insurance (which I have by the way), he wanted to be sure I have an insurance to pay for the test. Bottom line, he went to medical school to make money and not to heal the sick and ease their pain. If you want a real doctor go some place else.
He didnt take any time to listen, interrupted, heard everything wrong then accused me of changing my story when I tried correcting him. He didnt offer one test and I left with no diagnosis. Maybe he thought because I was caucasian, didnt have insurance and was a woman, im not worth fixing. I would never go back and to him.
Dr. Ranney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1982
Delta County Memorial Hospital
Dr. Robert E Ranney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Ranney in this video.
Dr. Robert E Ranney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brea, CA.