Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Ruben
Dr. Robert A Ruben, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Somersworth, NH, with another office in Brunswick, ME. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Colon & Rectal Surgery and Gastroenterology. Dr. Ruben has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Ruben has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Robert A Ruben has the following 15 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Robert A Ruben has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert A Ruben is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Worst doctor I've ever seen. Seems to care more about lining up as many endoscopic patients as he can & treating people very poorly & harshly afterwards. Very rude & heartless. I considered reporting him to the AMA but was just too sick at the time to see it through. He couldn't even be bothered to see me after the endoscopy, & when I insisted he was very gruff & he said I was holding him up from his other patients, whom he had lined up like sardines. I asked him what he found during the endoscopy and he told me to make an make an appointment at his I ffice because for him to take time for me then was " costing him money." Such a jerk.
Dr. Reuben has the worst bedside manner ever. After going in for an endoscopy he refused to use general anthesia and then ended up needing to use it anyways. Left me sitting in a recovery room on severe pain while he did another non emergency procedure because they were behind and them came into the door way and said "I couldn't find anything wrong with you if it hurts that much go to the er" after that the nurse said he took biopsies, I thought there was nothing wrong. Most in com passionate and unprofessional doctor in have ever see.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
37 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Robert A Ruben accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert A Ruben is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somersworth, NH.