Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Rushakoff
Dr. Robert Rushakoff, MD, MS is a Doctor primarily located in Daly City, CA, with other offices in San Francisco, CA and San Francisco, CA (and 1 other location). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rushakoff is affiliated with Seton Medical Center, UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital and California Pacific Medical Center- Davies Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Rushakoff has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Finding out you have diabetes is a downer in itself. I worked out everyday so it actually upset me to find i was a diabetic.It takes a strong DR to make you comfortable and convince you it's not the end of the world.When you first take on a specialist it's kind of like a chess game to see if he says what you want to hear. Dr. Rushakoff tells it the way it is. If you want to get better you heed his directions. He takes pride in what he does and i am blessed to have been referred to him. Oh yes his assistant OMA is a great receptionist because she gets your messages correct.I would not hesitate to refer Robert Rushakoff in a minute.
Dr. Rushakoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seton Medical Center
UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
California Pacific Medical Center- Davies Campus
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
California Pacific Med Center Cal Campus Hospital
U C S F Med Ctr, San Francisco, Ca
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
31 Years Experience
Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Robert Rushakoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Rushakoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Daly City, CA.