Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert J Russo
Dr. Robert J Russo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Russo is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert J Russo has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Angiography
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Showing 5 of 18
Arrogant, detached, distracted, ...he appears to be a doc who may excel in publications and oversight of MRI/Imaging programs. He lacks interpersonal skills as it relates to patient/doctor. He isn't an MD you want to see if you truly want concern / test results or appointments. Most folks with a heart condition seek at least that much from any MD. I will be changing cardiologist next month. Scheduling is a nightmare.Staff sends you all over the place. He also walks out in the middle of your session frequently. Feels like he doesn't want to see patients. Scripps should keep him behind the scenes exclusively as a director!
Dr. Russo is a wonderful doctor. I have been his patient for 10 years. He knows my history and never hesitates if I tell him I have issues or questions. He is proactive, thorough and caring. He has a mater-of-fact bedside manner. And every other year he holds a luncheon for his patients on the 'Current state of cardiovascular care' with a guest speaker or two. 4 stars is not enough for Dr. R.
So you go in for a medical test with the knowledge that something may be wrong with your heart. You sit through a long MRI, then wait patiently for results. After a week passes, you still do not have them so you call to be tod by his secretary that the doctor has to give the results and he will call you. A week later still no call, so you call again and get the same response. In all it takes 5 calls and three and a half weeks to get your diagnosis that you have a problem. Meanwhile he bills your insurance more than any other local clinic. Round 2 a year later to get a test to monitor the condition, and he still does not return calls. But at least he seems to hav ea high opinion of himself.
Dr. Russo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Robert J Russo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert J Russo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.