Dr. Robert Rutkowski Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Robert Rutkowski?

A unique foot surgery was done on my daughter and we are happy with the outcome!

Mostly I like his quick service and his smile. He told me what to expect and let. Me decide when I needed the surgery. I had both knee replaced in the last 12 weeks. I am now pain free and I feel great. Dr. Rutkowski is a wonderful Dr.

One of the nicest men you meet for how many patients he sees each day. He cares about each patient and works extremely hard at doing what is in the best interest for each person. One of the most generous people as well.

MD does not listen to patients.

This comment is related to bilat. hand surgery.1)MD decided, on his own, to operate on BOTH hands, when it was directly addressed pre-op, that if this was necessary he would come discuss it with the patient's decision maker.2)On a post-op PT visit, the pt showed Dr. R. that he had loss of use a little finger, the Dr. dismissed this and the tendon rupture in the pt's finger.3)The Dr's nurse dismissed a phone call about with an infection with tan/green purulent drainage from the surgical site of one hand. This dismissal required the pt to be readmitted to the hospital for several days which included another surgery for the patient and many days of IV antibiotics.

Disregard Bitter Old Man's Review

I am commenting so others are not directed away from Dr. Rutkowski by the apparently bitter, angry old man who gave Dr. Rutkowski a poor review. I went to college with Dr. Rutkowski and he was my roommate for 2 years. He was the first person in my class to be accepted to medical school. In addition to being one of the brightest in my class, I have known him for 40 years. He is a deeply caring person for his patients and loves to practice medicine. If he advised the bitter old man that surgery wouldn't not help him, then I believe Dr. Rukowski was trying to save an old man the trauma of having major surgery that would not cure his condition. So, for those who want the best, I recommend Dr. Rutkowski and for those who only want to hear what they want to hear, please contact the bitter old man; I am sure he can refer you to a "yes man" doctor who will take your money, perform a useless surgery and smile at your bedside when it's over.

Cold

I admit it's been a few years since I saw this doctor, but I want to warn others, since he probably hasn't gotten any nicer. My knee was injured in a car accident at the age of 36. At the time I was very active--running, hiking, biking, riding horses almost daily. Dr Rutkowski told me that because of my age there was not much point trying to get my knee back in shape. His attitude was dismissive and uninterested. He offered surgery (before MRI was even done) and had no interest in follow-up.