Dr. Robert S Chang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert S Chang?

Dr. Chang is truly a remarkable man

A little over ten years ago I had the privilege of witnessing Dr. Chang treat my dying uncle with dignity, warmth, tender humor and profound respect. Here are excerpts from the letter I wrote to Dr. Chang in 2007: "The P.T. had just helped Don into a sitting position with his legs over the side of the hospital bed when I saw you walking down the hall toward the room. It was a comforting feeling, seeing you coming. "The room lit up as you gave Don a warm greeting. Then, with a jump-and-a-twist you landed sitting on the bed, close and caring, right next to Don. The next ten to fifteen minutes were so, so special. There you were, touching shoulders with my Uncle, listening and loving him as you gave him time to share his needs and desires. "As I witnessed the sweetness of your connection with Don, I was touched by the sense of “family” in the room. The P.T. and the P.T. Assistant stood nearby, honoring Don with their full attention. You and Don sat buddy-buddy on the bed. What a magical moment-in-time. Five souls brought together to bear witness and to become “a family” for Don. You created a miracle with your strength of love and presence. And taking your lead, we joined you in blessing this precious man as he gathered his thoughts in preparation for his last flight. If only this sacred gathering could have been video taped for every doctor-to-be to experience. Dr. Chang, you have blessed my life and my Uncle’s beyond measure. I pray that if ever the chips seem to be down and your job (or life itself) appears to be a thankless one, I hope you will remember that your magnificent ability to be present, listen attentively and be deeply compassionate has touched more lives than you’ll ever know. As my friend Barbara Jack says, “What you do is more than what you do.”

I went in to see Dr. Chang, a month ago, due to my bronchitis. He's very knowledgeable and quick to response to his patients need. He discovered my bone cancer by CT scan on my lung (metastasis from breast cancer). I can't thank him enough for noticing something was odd and ordered a CT and PETscan, which I have been asking my oncologist since my chemo treatment but never got it. I credited Dr. Chang for following his instinct and save my life. I am fighting it, as I am writing this review. I would recommend Dr. Chang without hesitation. He called right away when I have questions. He won't rush you. He actually listened to your concern, which I appreciate. I hope this info help a bit. Thank you Dr. Chang! :)

Outstanding Doctor

Dr. Chang diagnosed my lung cancer nearly 3 years ago. He is the most compassionate and intelligent and proactive doctor that I have ever had. He really cares about his patients and I know other patients who also regard him as their "favorite doctor," as I do! Even my primary care doctor who sent me to him said, "You will love him." I would not mind if I had to wait for him in the waiting room because he is worth waiting for. He knows what to do and takes the time to listen, care, educate, and communicate clearly!

Excellent

One of the most competent, and compassionate doctors I have ever worked with.

Very nice and uses the positive approach to illnes. His diagnose was right on the money.I like the doctor very much

Dr. Chang is the most caring doctor that one can find, and I am most grateful and appreciative to have him.

Good doctor. Thoughtful.

I was not there in dire straits, so I felt no urgency, but his care and attention to detail has been apparent.

Dr. Robert S Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.