Dr. Robert Friedman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Friedman?

almost 20-year patient

Posted on November 10th, 2017

Dr. Friedman has been my family's ophthalmologist for almost 20 years. He has operated on my son's, mother's, aunt's and myself's eyes with amazing results. Do you have to pay a lot? Absolutely! But would you rather pay less and have bad results after an eye operation? I have highly recommended him to friends of mine and will continue to do so. My only hope is that he won't retire anytime soon! He is not prompt because they overbook. It's not his fault though. It's the staff's. I always expect to wait a good 30 minutes to be seen by him. If you've been operated on, he'll follow up on you. If it's a regular visit, there's no reason to do so, obviously. His previous office staff was amazing.

THE REAL THING

Posted on April 8th, 2017

I have been going to him for years. Even came back to see him when I was stationed in Europe for seven years. Operated on my cataracts recently and I am seeing like a 20 year old!

If you want to be run through an assembly line this is the place for you

Posted on May 27th, 2015

Nice office. Nice staff. Spent about 30 minutes being dilated and having my vision checked by junior doctors and about 5 minutes with Dr. Friedman who spouted a lot of information about my condition from a textbook but very little about what is actually going on in my eyes as an individual patient. Absolutely ridiculous to spend over 500 dollars in a factory line and see the boss on the way out. I saw him for a second opinion and realized how much better it was with my usual ophthalmologist.

good but it will cost you!

Posted on September 16th, 2014

He is an exccellent doctor. however, the office does not take any insurance, they have ridiculous rates AND is uncooperative about working with insurance companies when seeking reimbursement.

All Star Ophthalmologist

Posted on April 4th, 2014

The man is brilliant! That should be enough, but he is nice and funny as well. I had a wonderful experience. I know that I have cataracts and frankly, I am terrified. Dr. Friedman sat with me, explained to me what cataracts are, drew me pictures, and even explained that they have lenses that can make me not rely so much on glasses. Think of that...the thing I fear the most can actually make my life so much better. But, more than anything else, it was his manner. He is smart, nice and sincere. I do not want to push it, but I am actually looking forward to my surgery.

Excellent Doctor; Ridiculous Charges

Posted on May 18th, 2012

Dr. Friedman is a terrific doctor with excellent medical skills. However, he does not take insurance and his bills are ridiculously high - without any notice that the charges would be that high. I found this offensive and left him for a similarly skilled surgeon who takes a wide range of insurance.

Money hungry doctor

Posted on February 27th, 2012

This doctor does not accept insurance and he pads his bill by performing unnecessary services in his office and you aren't told beforehand about the charges. The wait is over an hour and it's like a factory with patients coming in and out every few minutes. The doctor spends 5 minutes with you and talks with his back to you. He is rushed and just seems interested in getting to the next patient. You get examined by someone else. The office staff is rude and has a bad attitude. I do not recommend Dr. Robert Friedman. He's the worst eye doctor I've ever been to, with the worst office staff.

Great physician

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

Dr. Friedman always makes me feel like I am his primary concern whenever I'm in the office, even though there are other patients clearly waiting to see him. He is punctual, considerate and gentle, not to mention great at what he does.

highly recommended

Posted on July 20th, 2011

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Friedman, he takes time & care during an exam, explains diagnoses & treatments to me, and has excellent "bedside manner." His staff are very helpful, friendly & polite, especially when dealing with billing & insurance.

Posted on June 30th, 2011

I just had an absolutely extraordinary experience in Dr. Robert Friedman's office. I presented with a problem that has plagued me for years and has cost me a fortune in mised diagnoses. Not anymore. I discussed my issues and Dr. Friedman seemed to get it immediately. He talked to me, LISTENED, examined me and then.... discussed my situation!! We both think that he made the right diagnosis and that we are on the way to a cure, but even if it is not successful, it was the best visit I ever had. Dr. Friedman does not take insurance, and I understand why: HE IS WORTH IT!

patien

Posted on April 27th, 2011

is asking your opinion WE JUST FINISHED A HOLIDAY AND TODAYFIRST DAYBACK FOR DR. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN HIS PATIENT HE JUST DID A CATERAT ON ONE EYE AND THERE IS STICKING HE TOOOO BUSY TODAY I SHOULD SEE SOMEBODY ELSE...VERY RUDE RECEPTIONIST AND SO HOW CAN HE BE NICE....BESIDES WHEN HE TOLD ME WHAT HE WILL BE DOING HE SAID FOR $3000 MORE HE CANMATCH BOTH EYES...THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HINT TO THE OFFICE AND HELP IN AN EMERGENCY HE DEF DOESN'T CARE ONCE BOTH EYES ARE DONE....NOT MY TYPE OF PERSON OR HELP.

Posted on January 24th, 2011

I was injured out of the country and phoned Dr. Friedman's office immediately prior to my flight to NYC. I was given an appointment the next day, was greeted by a professional office team and waited only minutes before seeing Dr. Friedman.I am active with a number of hospitals and found Dr. Friedman to be excellent in all respects. He was thorough, explained complex medical terms in plain English and provided some of the best treatment and advice I have ever seen. Overall, an excellent experience.