More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert Kahn has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Robert Kahn is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 5
Dr.Kahn cared for my wife when she had breast cancer. He was always kind, gentle and compassionate. He listened well and was able to speak to us in accurate terms but in ways we could understand. He implanted a pain pump in her spinal area and that gave her much relief until she died. We are very grateful to have found Dr. Kahn.
Dr. Kahn was easily the kindest,most gentle physician I have ever encountered. He is polite, intelligent, and took time to explain my pain issue to me carefully. My Neurosurgeon told me that Dr.Kahn is one of the best pain physicians he had ever known, and I agree. Dr. Kahn retired and is apparently involved in medical research elsewhere. I wish he would return to this area!
This doctor cared for me, in an extremely painful time in the course of my bone mets from stage 4 cancer about 7 years ago! He is exceptional in every area one could think of, and goes beyond excellent to serve his patients. I've not seen him in years as he moved to Bellingham, WA for a higher position.I wish him only the very best!
38 Years Experience
University of Colorado
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2901 Squalicum Pkwy, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Robert Kahn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.