More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert H Sandmeier
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with another office in Portland, OR. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sandmeier has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Did not fix the problem with the first surgery. Did not acknowledge or listen to post surgical complaints. Finally got a second opinion and the problem was fixed after another surgery with another doctor. Months wasted and great financial loss due to his unwillingness to hear what was not a good outcome.
As far as I am concerned Dr. Sandmeier is as good as it gets for Sports related injuries. I had seen him as follow-up for a badly dislocated shoulder (with severe nerve damage). While many MD's would have immediately suggested surgery, Dr. Sandmeier's approach was that the body is (by far) the best healer, and prescribed (targeted) physical therapy. The result? His expert diagnosis and treatment plan got me back to 100% performance with that arm--a tall order considering that I had NO use of it following initial treatment(e.g. nearly completely immobile, as though I had a stroke).
I've never been rushed out of a doctor's office faster. I felt like I was an annoyance for being there. I spent a total of four minutes with the doctor going over my MRI results and discussing surgery. Four minutes! My sibling was with me during the appointment and was equally as appalled. We were both confused about my injury and how to proceed. I couldn't be more disgusted by this experience and I'm forced to take more time off work to see a different Orthopedist (and get some answers).
BEWARE only use this doctor as a surgical reference. Offered no real help in diagnosis even after MRI and questionable shots. Didn't articulate his answers in terms I could understood. Was unwilling to help with pain medication, which has caused much lack of sleep. If you are referred to him to do surgery, I would see this doctor but don't ask for a diagnosis from him.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
27 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Vermont/Fletcher Allen Health Care
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert H Sandmeier in this video.
Dr. Robert H Sandmeier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.