Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert E Sarnataro has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
First I want to start off by saying I had been a patient of Dr. Sarnataro for probably 15 years. Over the 15 years the service has not been great but adequate for a person who doesnt go that often. They generally keep you waiting 30+ minutes even when the waiting room is empty. The main problem I have is they refused to give me a referal for a specialist because there "policy" is if you haven't seen the Dr. in the last 12 months you have to com in for a visit. I was 13 months since my last visit not 18 or 24 and they refused. The receptionist was so rude and obnoxious I felt like I was calling a gas service station. I asked to speak to the manager who was just as rude and clueless and the receptionist. I told her I had already gone to an emergency care center and they recommended I see a specialist and I had the same symptoms that I had when Dr. Sarnataro referred me to the same specialist last year. I then told her I would remove Dr. Sarnataro as my primary Dr. and she said she would call me back. When she called back she said Dr. Sarnataro told her to tell me to find another primary Dr! This practice is the most unprofessional Dr. office I have ever dealt with. Stay away!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Sarnataro accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert E Sarnataro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.