Dr. Robert Sataloff Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Robert Sataloff?

Go somewhere - literally anywhere - else

Posted on October 24th, 2016

If you're looking for a doctor with the ego of Narcissus, and the bedside manner of Dr. House with none of the talent, Sataloff's your guy. Otherwise, I suggest you go somewhere - literally anywhere - else. Dr. Sataloff is arrogant, patronizing, and frankly cruel. His staff spends most of their time apologizing on his behalf. He seems to care much more about the celebrity headshots on his wall than he does about his actual patients.

Posted on January 21st, 2016

Dr. Sataloff is a blessing to the professional singing community. Having been a singer himself, he is not only the highest skilled and knowledgeable otolaryngologist, but he is also a skilled musician and a wonderful voice teacher. He has always been accurate in his diagnoses and he is the only doctor I trust to treat my voice. I would highly recommend him to any professional voice user. In addition, he has a wonderful sense of humor.

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

Dr. Robert T. Sataloff is truly a expert in his field he has help me tremendously with my ear disease and other medical complications associated I have been a patient of his for over 15 years and it has been good knowing that he has always kept me in the best of hands including his own.

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

The team. Very professional no stones left unturned. They do not take anything for granted. The best ever in medical care. Overwhelming, empowering and a thorough look into your symptons. Completeness and wholeness.

Extremely disappointed & will never go back

Posted on October 14th, 2014

First of all the staff has no problem speaking in a very condescending waythey have a superior attitude to the patients. Dr. Satoloff has no bedside manner , after waiting for at least 1 hour in the waiting room he honors you with about 15 min of his time. He to speaks to his patients in a condescending way. Granted he has many accomplishments in his careerbut maybe the time has come for him to stop seeing commoners and just sticking with the elite. He puts you through every test under the sun from blood tests two MRIs to CT scansand still isn't clear on the diagnosis.maybe he's not as good as he thinks. No I won't be going back. Philadelphia has some of the best hospitals & Doctors, this is not one.

Not going back

Posted on October 30th, 2013

Went to the Pine Street Office again today. I will not be going back. I feel my needs, timeline, schedule, or interests were not taken into consideration by Dr. Sataloff. . Excessive expensive testing almost to the point of overkill. At one point I refused to be tested again for something. I said to him "if you don't know what is wrong with me by now after all the tests I've been through , you never will". I don't think that went over well with him but it was truthful. He wanted me to come back a lot for voice therapy and wouldn't consider surgical options until I did. I'm a senior citizen driving in from central NJ and scared to drive into Philadelphia to begin with. He made a point of saying to me "well people come from here from Rome and Manhattan. My answer to that was "good for them". but its not me. I told him I would get therapy locally - he insisted that was not an option. I felt like he was suggesting all other voice therapists were incompetent and only his people could do the job. From that point on it just seemed to me his motivation was keeping the money in the office. Waiting time is excessive.. Didn't feel listened to or any of my needs were taken into consideration. I guess I will just have to live with my problems because I can't travel back and forth to Philadelphia all the time and he won't consider doing anything for me until his demands are met. Just terribly disappointed with the whole experience.

Very Dissatisfied

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

Terrible bedside manner, long waits, over priced and wrong diagnosis. What else is there to say?

Brilliant expert very difficult for patients

Posted on November 19th, 2012

I had a very tough time with this practice. First I had a visit at the Broad Street office, was told I had profound hearing loss and ordered to get dozens of expensive tests - including an mri and a brain scan all of which were negative - seemed more like research or to rule out extremely rare conditions. His office billed my insurance for a test they did not actually do, which I caught and had fixed. A top doctor at the Broad Street office then gave an opposite diagnosis from Dr. Sataloff.I am not sure about how to proceed as from his credentials, he knows more than most, yet his practice is centered on the doctors and staff, not on the patient. As a patient I was treated with condescension and disregard. Right now I feel uncomfortable about going back to him.

Asperger's?

Posted on October 31st, 2012

I have been seeing otolaryngologists and ENT's my whole life and can honestly say Dr. Sataloff is the most educated and accurate doctor I've dealt with in my experience. That being said, he has the worst bedside manner of any doctor out there. Being a specialist, I expect and anticipate some anti-social behavior, but I'm concerned he may actually have some form of Asperger's syndrome. The only reason I continue seeing him is because he is the best doctor for my ear problems, has always performed excellent surgery, and most of his staff makes up for what he lacks in personality, social interaction, and general patient concern. What you can expect when you see Dr. Sataloff is an arrogant man who is well aware of all his achievements and accomplishments but will most certainly provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date care for those issues in his field of work. Please leave any expectations and emotions at the door. Good luck!

Highly Trained Surgeon

Posted on September 1st, 2012

It's not very often will find a surgeon with Dr. Sataloff's expertise. Dr. Sataloff is a highly trained surgeon who performs extremely delicate microsurgery regardless of whether or not you like his "bedside" manner. Personally, I find Dr. Sataloff to be one of the most caring, generous, brillant individuals in medicine today. We should be fortunate that he is training our future surgeons. Dr. Sataloff has precisely diagnosed, treated and consistently follows up on my condition; he has truly touched my life. It's very rare to come across a physician and surgeon of Dr. Sataloff's calibar both personally and professionally.

Posted on June 24th, 2012

great Dr. in his field especially when it comes to an acoustic neuroma but his mannerism with patients leaves much to be desired. When i was referred to him for tumor surgery in 1994 the sugery went great but his overall friendlyness towards his patients leaves much to be desired. I was told at that time by my E.N.T. doctor that sataloff was 1 of the top 3 in the country in his field. and thats just the way he conducted himself. all business

Worst doctor I have encountered in my sixty-five years

Posted on November 27th, 2011

Always 3 or 4 hour wait. Ran countless expensive tests. Only conformed what I already knew. I have a profound hearing loss. He could not give an explanation for my vertigo just told me to continue taking the medication I have taken for six months before I saw him. I found Dr. Robert Sataloff to be arrogant, cold and uncaring. My overall experience with him and his staff was a total waste of my time.