Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert G Savarese has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- Neck Pain
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Savarese is a breath of fresh air. He is everything my title lists and more. He is very intelligent, A+++ bedside manner (which I have found to be increasingly rare), and is even open to suggestions/thoughts. He didn't rush me at all and was very willing to answer any questions. The wait time was very long, however, but I just take that as he was giving patients before me the adequate time they needed. He was a very relaxed and cool guy. Not your typical egotistical doctor. Keep it up, Dr. Savarese! Can't say enough good things about him!
Dr. Saverese only does injections so there is no real pain management per se, however, he always thoroughly and honestly explains your diagnosis, what he plans to do and why. He told me that because I had two back surgeries at the end of last year, there was a lot of scar tissue which he may not be able to get around for my injections. He was honest and I appreciate that. We tried 4 times but he told me that since it didn't work, he wasn't going to put me through any more injections. The only problem is he doesn't prescribe pain meds but I am getting that from my ortho surgeon (also JOI).
My wait time has averaged almost 40 min. the two times I have seen him. He explains everything very well and he is honest. He treats me with compassion and respect. I have a hard time getting in to see him. My next appt. could not be scheduled within 2 weeks of me calling for an appt. As far as I know, Dr. Savarese does not manage pain medication. He only does injections but he is very good at what he does. I just wish that he managed my pain meds, too. My orthopedic surgeon (same group) does that. I always follow up with him not Dr. Savarese.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Robert G Savarese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacksonville Orthopedic Institute Rehabilitation Center-San Marco, 1325 San Marco Blvd Ste 200, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert G Savarese in this video.
Dr. Robert G Savarese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.