Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Schenken
Dr. Robert S Schenken, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Schenken has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Schenken has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Robert S Schenken has the following 6 expertise
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
Dr. Robert S Schenken has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert S Schenken is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Exceptional Doctor and health care team! Dr. Schenken is the best. He is very thorough in explaining infertility treatment options and always is attentive to listen and answer any questions/concerns. His staff is very efficient and compassionate as infertility care requires extra emotional support! Thank you Dr. Schenken!
You can't ask for a better, more knowledgable MD. I have been to several doctors in the past that were baffled by my medical reasons and tried several different methods to try and conceive a baby. I researched Dr. Schenken and I'm do thankful I went to his office. He looked through my past medical records I provided him and in 5 minutes he had a "simple solution". Something that seemed so complicated to others wasn't to him. It was as if he'd seen a hundred times and "easy to fix" as he said. Then 3 months later I became pregnant! If you are not ready to give up I highly recommend making an appointment to see him!
I sought out Dr. Schenken as a second opinion after being diagnosed with endometriosis and being given only one treatment option by my original Ob/Gyn. Dr. Schenken discussed several different options, both medical and surgical along with their pros and cons. He is an excellent surgeon and very thorough doctor. His demeanor is somewhat stoic and reserved (he doesn't smile a whole lot) but he is a thoughtful listener who will help you determine the best treatment options for your individual case.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Robert S Schenken accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert S Schenken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.