Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Schweizer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert A Schweizer has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
I also would like to add to my initial review that when I arrived at my scheduled appt. I waited 5 weeks for, and I was early, the office staff told me my appt. had been canceled by them because I did not call the day before and confirm. I wasn't even aware I had to do this. They also did not bother to notify me they had canceled the appt. I never heard of this. I felt like a kid getting a lecture at 65 years old and still a working nurse. I don't know how much the doctor is aware of what his office staff is doing but this is not acceptable under any circumstances.
Never even got to see him. Kept my initial apt today arriving early. Was told 147 dollars upfront. When I made the apt on Dec 4 and asked about cost was told it was covered by medicare. Turns out I was told wrong. Did not have 147 today. they don't take payments refusing to allow me to see the doctor. Waited 5 weeks and I am sick. Disgraceful. I ended up having to leave. Still don't have a doctor, Mine retired. I am a working nurse for over 30 years and know what to ask when making an initial appt. 147 bucks up front was never mentioned even though I asked. Office staff is the first impression of the doctor. Office staff fail.
Doctor Schweizer has been my primary care physician since I graduated from pediatrics, I would not even consider consulting any other physician(outside of an ER doc) for any of my personal health concerns, not only is he an extremely knowledgable and skilled medical professional but he is compassionate and genuinely cares for his patients, he gets to know you and is literally one of the most down to earth and approachable doctors that I have ever met in my entire life. As for his staff and whether I would recommend him to another, I'm pretty sure that his staff consists mostly of his family members, his wife and daughter work there and they too are amazing medical professionals and compassionate people. I would absolutely and as a matter of fact have recommended a friend of mines father to Dr. Schweizer. There is no doubt in my mind that Doc Schweizer is one of the top tier doctors in the Tri-State area if not the entire state of Pennsylvania, I would never even consider consulting another doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schweizer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1979
Reading Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Robert A Schweizer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert A Schweizer Md, 3150 Concord Rd, Aston, PA
Dr. Robert A Schweizer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aston, PA.