Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert B Seltzer has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Seltzer has helped me on many occasions and many of my friends and a member of my family (my brother). He's a great Doctor -- very personable and caring -- whether it's a general dermatologist you're seeking or for youthful rejuvenation ie. laser resurfacing (he has many to choose from) and looking younger or botox or fillers Dr. Seltzer is the best derm in Pasadena (and Los Angeles) too!
I visited him for 8 months almost every week, he changed my medication 4 times! And when I visited him after that because my face became worse, he said OHHH I think we should go back to the old medication!!!??? Really!! The one that failed and we had to change because it didn't work??!! every time he spends one minute with me maximum!!!
I knew little of the pre and post care instructions until I went through the process. The Patient Home Care Instructions were given to me the day of the procedure. Because this information was not received earlier, cream and necessities had to be purchased that day. Also, further care information was given to me after the PDT was performed by the Physicians Assistant. This critical after-care information should have been included in the Patient Home Care Instructions.
I have been seeing Dr. Seltzer for many many years, and he is the best for fillers and botox..the best!!!. I have never waited for more than 5 minutes in the waiting room and can always get an appt. when I need it. He is one of the most laid back doctors I have and smiles more than any of them. His nurses are always so friendly and helpful, and never try to up-sale you. My good friend who recommended me sees him for adult acne, and he has done wonders for her
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1974
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Robert B Seltzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRobert B Seltzer Md, 960 E Green St Ste 108, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Robert B Seltzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.