Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Shively has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert M Shively has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Robert M Shively has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I was born with a rare disorder which was previously unknown until it led to life threatening issues several years ago. In am still recovering from the side affects of that while also dealing with the daily symptoms. I moved due to my health and so had to leave my PCP and my nationally renown Specialist who diagnosed me. When I began seeing Dr. Shively and discussed with him my disorder, he shrugged it off and said quote "I read it in your charts, but I've never heard of it. Besides, there's no cure for it". I was stunned. As for my symptoms, he refused to treat them and wanted me to pass me off to Specialits despite having paper work of DNA tests, eegs, ekgs and DNA tests showing proof of my condition. I had already seen every Spevialist he wanted to send me to. This tells me he is lazy uninformed and wreck less to say the least. When it comes to treating patients and becoming knowledgeable of their condition, this "Psychicia" is a joke.
Great Doctor, best I've ever been to. I and several of my friends go to him. We do typicaly have to wait our turn, but he spends a reasonable amount of time with his patients. The office is always busy, but there are 4 Doctors as well as a Urgent care clinic all in the same Office, so thats expected. He talks to me, answers questions and spendsneeded time with his patients. He is skilled, caring and the best Doctor I've run across. I highly recomend him.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
32 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Tulsa Medical College
Dr. Robert M Shively accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGardner Family Care, 18320 S Center St, Gardner, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert M Shively in this video.
Dr. Robert M Shively is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gardner, KS.