Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert V Sica
Dr. Robert V Sica, DO is a Doctor primarily located in West Babylon, NY. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sica is affiliated with Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and Southside Hospital. Dr. Sica has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert V Sica has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 30
I have never felt more comfortable with a physician than I do with Dr. Sica. Ask any question, discuss any issue - you are assured reliable answers, the time to discuss them, and a follow up to ensure you understand his instructions. He is a caring physician who's ability to make a personal bond with his patients ensures a trust and loyalty among his patients.
Dr Sica is a very pleasant person who puts you at ease when visiting with him. He is an excellent doctor, however, he and his associates will not visit patients in the hospital. If you need to spend any time at all in a hospital you are at the mercy of the hospital doctors so do not expect to see or talk to Dr. Sica during that time..
Dr. Sica took his time to make a proper diagnosis. All of my questions and concerns were addressed. Dr Sica also pointed out that I was long overdue for a physical examination and got the blood work started immediately. I am very pleased with the way I was treated and I will return to complete my physical exam, Dr. Sica is one of the few doctors that does not make you feel uncomfortable.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sica is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Robert V Sica accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGuida And Savino Llp, 373 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY
Dr. Robert V Sica is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Babylon, NY.