Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Silgals has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert M Silgals has the following 13 expertise
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Robert M Silgals has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 6
My Mother was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer in late 2012. We found Dr. Silgals through a referral from a well known and local surgeon. Mom has been with Dr. Silgals ever since the removal of the cancer and throughout the chemo and recovery. He has worked patiently with us to find the best approach to fighting this disease. We recently got a scare after a routine CAT SCAN, but he quickly ordered a biopsy and PET SCAN. He did not waste any time getting the answers we so needed. He gave us the good news today that the PET SCAN came back negative. He is now scheduling the tumor removal surgery as soon as possible so that my Mom may continue living her life to the fullest. He along with Nurse Linda are our "Forever Heroes" along with all the staff in his North Charleston office. A Very Thankful Family! Answered Prayers.....
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Robert M Silgals accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert M Silgals in this video.
Dr. Robert M Silgals is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.