Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert T Simmonds has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Maybe I caught Dr. Simmonds on a bad day, but I'd been having bleeding on and off for a month straight---a total of 20 days of bleeding. He seemed unconcerned, did the fastest pelvic exam of my life, and said I needed to be on a new form of birth control. I showed him where part of my abdomen was distended and he said nonchalantly, "I have no idea what causes that" and offered no further help or referrals. My bleeding didn't stop for three more days. I called his office the next morning because I was having labor-like pains. I went through 36 hours of natural, unmedicated labor, and the pain felt like some of my strongest contractions. It was all on my lower right abdomen, where my abdomen was distended. I doubled over in the shower and started "labor" breathing. Did I mention I'm not pregnant? We almost called an ambulance. We called Dr. Simmond's office and I was sent in for an ultrasound to check my ovaries, which ended up being OK. At first the receptionist said I would receive a call within the hour. I called after two hours and she said "Dr. Simmonds will get back to you today." Well, he never did. Thankfully my pain went away but I still wanted a call-back and a referral for a kidney ultrasound (the ultrasound office, which was across town, ONLY checked my ovaries and said they'd need a referral for something else.) All I wanted was ONE phone call that was promised and an explanation for the excruciating pain. I have PCOS, had a baby this year, and have other mitigating health problems that require care. If it happens again, what should I do? I guess call 911. That would have been more effective, even though I'm pretty sure it was an extreme reaction to changing birth control pills. I am not a hypochondriac, am very professional and can withstand large amounts of pain (like I said, 36-hour unmedicated labor. On Pitocin.) This was the most incompetent OBGyn I have ever had in my life, and his office staff was not much more helpful either. I will never return. I'm glad seeing the other reviews that he's not this irresponsible with all his patients. A week later and I'm still waiting for my phone call.
I had a great visit. Dr. Simmonds talked to me the whole time I was with him. He diagnosed me and has me on the right track to correct minor issues. I have always felt very comfortable with him. I am truly upset about the health insurance issue that is going on. Now I could possibly loose him as my doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2009, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2015, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1977
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Robert T Simmonds accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUpmc Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Robert T Simmonds is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.