Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert D Slaughter has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Robert D Slaughter has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Robert D Slaughter has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Called for refill of RX. Was told would call in. Was not. Went through this with office three times before someone, who spoke very broken English told me note on file said no refills until office visit. I had been in two mo. previous. I explained this & was told no notes. I then received a letter that Dr. S would no longer see me as a patient due to missed appointments. It was not worth the call to dispute.
Don't know how he became a doctor. Couldn't/didn't diagnose the reason/reasons for my continuous , debilatating, daily headaches. Decided to send me to pain management for painkillers instead of trying to find underlying diagnosis. Still in pain because I refused to continue Methadone prescribed by pain management doctor. They did nothing for my pain, but made me feel terrible. Would not recommend this quack.
Unpassionate and doctor that no one in my family will never see again. He refuse to call rx in for pain of an migraine that has been lasting for a week, day and night. It was indicated to me to get his primary doctor to call in rx to ease the pain that has been causing ungodly pain, while waiting for the new daily medication given to stop the migraines that never worked prescribed by this doctor. Or go to the ER durning Dr. Slaughter office hours, Doctor did not even ask to see me. If you have an migraine for day's and doctor that will not offer you any relief, stay away!
Dr. Slaughter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Robert D Slaughter accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert D Slaughter in this video.
Dr. Robert D Slaughter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tuscaloosa, AL.