Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert B Slease has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert B Slease has the following 12 expertise
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Robert B Slease has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert B Slease is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
I got an appointment quickly when I was first diagnosed and have had no difficulty getting additional appointments. He spent the amount of time needed to answer questions and fill me in on all the details. The only thing that I fault him on is that when my husband went with me he tended to ignore him and not include him in the coversation or care. The staff is very friendly, professional, respectful and I feel that they all care about me and my treatment.
This doctor will never win awards for "warm and fuzzy". While he appears to have considerable patience for those in his care, he and his staff seem to feel that his is too lofty and important a position to speak with his patients' immediate family. This is a shame since many of his patients have life threatening illnesses, such as leukemia, and immediate family are a huge part these patients' support systems. His "assistant" will inform the family that anything they want to know will come from the patient. However, there seems to be little understanding that a patient dealing with a potentially fatal illness is not in the best position to absorb and process massive amounts of new information outside the scope of their usual lives. This doctor appears to feel that his time is too important to waste explaining the illness and the long term prognosis to the family. In this aspect of patient advocacy, he fails miserably. Other than that, he seems to engender trust in those under his care.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Robert B Slease accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & DirectionsDELAWARE CLINICAL AND LABORATORY PHYSICIANS PC, 4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 4200, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert B Slease, MD - Hematology in Newark, DE, in this video.
Dr. Robert B Slease is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.