Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Sobel has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pregnancy Complications
- Cushing Disease
- Endocrine Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 13
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Robert Sobel. He is so thorough and really listens. This is the first doctor I've ever had that I feel like he knows who I am, he knows the ins and outs and complete history of my condition. I'm not just a chart to him. I would highly recommend him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Robert J Sobel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSobel Medical Associates, 30 N Michigan Ave Ste 1720, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert J Sobel in this video.
Dr. Robert J Sobel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.