Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Sonneborn
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boca Raton, FL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sonneborn is affiliated with Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Dr. Sonneborn has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn has the following 8 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Sonneborn has been treating my husband for over a year....he's kind, caring, bright, truly interested in getting to the root of any medical issue and my husband has had many issues..I've been so impressed with Dr. Sonneborn I'm leaving my GP for him...my GP spends all of about 5 minutes with me and doesn't seem the least interested..I'm sick of that kind of treatment and sick of him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sonneborn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Jackson Health System
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoca Raton Physicians, 1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 201, Boca Raton, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Sonneborn in this video.
Dr. Robert E Sonneborn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boca Raton, FL.