Dr. Robert C Southmayd Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert C Southmayd?

I regret ever walking into his office!

First of all his bedside manner and overall demeanor is that of someone uninterested in anything you have to say. Very rude short and talks down to you. I was 23 years old and I had been told I had ovarian cysts and needed a hysterectomy. I just changed insurance providers and Dr. Southmayd was my new obgyn. I went to my first appointment and told him what a previous Dr told me. He didn't ask to see my old charts or records or do an ultrasound/ mri himself to verify their findings, he just took my word for it. He said I needed a COMPLETE hysterectomy at 23 years old. He saw no proof with his own eyes, just based on what I said. I had the hysterectomy and 12 hours later I was bleeding internally. I told my nurse something was wrong, I was weak and could feel myself slipping away. FINALLY they did a bedside ultrasound and saw blood in my abdomen. They scheduled surgery for 3 hours later but my situation became critical and had to do it immediately. During the first surgery Dr southmayd forgot to "tie off a bleeder". He removed 2liters of blood from my abdomen. That was just the beginning of a 3 week hospital stay. I was only supposed to stay a few days. Dr southmayd released me while I was still throwing up every hour. I went to a different hospital after my release from his care. I went to a different town fearing if I was at a hospital in Stockton he might have privilege there and take over my care. I went to Manteca. I stayed for 3 weeks and had 4 BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS in those weeks! His bedside manner is awful as well as his compassion for women! I now am unable to have anymore children when I didn't even need the hysterectomy to begin with. Because he didn't check himself what was wrong or of it needed such a serious surgery he just took my word and at 23 I became barren and unable to grow my family. I had a 3, 2 and 1 year old at the time of my surgery and he felt that was enough children for me. I've been married 16 years and have always been a stay at home mom because I wanted to have a big family and he took that away from me! I regret ever walking into his office!

Well worth the wait for my visit. He was courteous, listened and extremely helpful. I felt comfortable and was more at ease after my appointment even though it is the first of many I will need.

Happy new mom

When I first met Dr. Southmayd he was running late and had been up all night delivering several babies. I don't know about you, but I don't care if he's running a late, I care about the fact that my doctor will be there no matter what when I go into labor at 4am! Babies don't just come when it's convenient for everyone else's schedule! I love his demeanor, he's gentle, knowledgeable and has delivered a ton of babies! My delivery was not what we were expecting it to be and believe me I couldn't care less that people were waiting for him in the office!, I was a total mess. Dr. Southmayd calmed me down, explained in detail what was going on and never left my side. He delivered my precious daughter and was so happy for me. My follow up care has been fabulous. He's my doctor for life!

a great doc

DR. Southmaid is a great doctor. He's kind, good hearted and tells it like it is which I've learned to really appreciate. I initially thought he came off a bit rough around the edges but seen his true self when I had difficulty delivering my first born. Dr. Southmaid went on to care for me and my following 2 pregnancies. He was always professional, honest and straight to the point. I highly recommend him.

Highly recommend Dr. Southmayd

Dr. Southmayd and his staff are amazing. Yes the wait could be long at times, but we just plan accordingly, and they deserve much more credit for how well they manage to tend to the needs of their patients.He is very heart warming and extremely knowledgable. Yes if your pregnancy is not at risk you don't need more than to hear your babies heartbeat at every visit, but be assured any concerns you have he knows the answer. His staff always gets back to me in a timely manner, and Dr. Southmayd has an after hours cell phone number he provides. I highly recommend him to anyone expecting or not.

SO glad I switched drs

Overall, dr southmayd seemed like a decent person but I definately didn't feel comfortable at all. His staff was very slow and inconsiderate. Every visit I'd arrive on time or early I'd wait for two hours before being seen, no joke. And only would be seen for like 5 min. I'm 38weeks pregnant and he only checked the heartbeat each visit. And I had a bladder infection but he wouldn't test it because 3 weeks before it came back negative. Sooooo glad I switched. Dr savage is amazing! Go to him. (:

great doctor!!

Dr. southmayd is one of the best in my eyes.ive known him since i was six years old, he delivered my three younger sisters and my boys. He truly cares about his pts. but more for the unborn babies. ive witness first hand. hes kind and gentle and during labor he makes sure your taken care of, yea he sounds mad and serious but thats just him thats just how he sounds, wouldnt you if you only would get around 1-3 hrs of sleep? I recommend him 100%.

he is a very good doctor.

He Is a very good doctor, saved my life and always listens.

Always angry

I am switching doctor since he always seems angry. Just call and listen to his after hours message.

Dr. Robert C Southmayd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockton, CA.